Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rough time change adjustment

Ok....again I'm sorry we haven't been blogging.

We are trying to get adjusted back to Ga time. UGH!!!!

The boys slept fabulously in China. No such luck here. We know they are having trouble w/ the time adjustment and since they are....so are we.

In China we were very fortunate to discover their sleep schedule was for real. They woke up 6:30-7am, napped 11:30 till 2:30 or 3pm and went to bed at 9-9:30pm and might wake up once for a wet diapey.

Now, back in the states w/ the time change is a whole other story. We are trying to get them back in to their familiar pattern. But so far no luck. They are exhausted....and so are we.

Right now it is one of them waking up about every 2 hrs during the night. (couldn't they get this timed together at least?)

Actually they are doing amazingly well considering...me not so much. Thank goodness for our wonderful friends and neighbors who have been taking such good care of us! several of them have delivered dinner. We can't express our thanks enough. We probably would have just skipped those meals as we were to tired to make anything. So thank you again!!! (and again, and again!....btw Andrea I think Scott might like your lasagna better than mine! I think it's the chunks of tomatoe, I'll have to add those to mine.)

Our flight back from China was long. VERY LONG! One of our flights got cancelled due to weather so instead of flying from Guangzhou to Beijing to Chicago to Atlanta we had to do Guangzhou to Beijing to Chicago to Charlotte to Atlanta. From the time we got up to get ready for our flight till the time we made it back to our house 36 hrs. Long travelling day.

Well, this post took about 4 hrs to try to write. so will post as is without anything further.

Will try to fill in details whenever I can.
-Jenni

8 comments:

Christina said...

I wish I was there to help you, I wish I could keep an eye on the cuties while you rested, or make you a meal or two, or help you put your luggage away........it's really times like these that make me miss you guys so much, and I feel so guilty and helpless that I can't help.....
All I can do from here is offer advice...nap whenever you can, take vitamins, drink fluids, and try not to get too run down...eventually it will be back to normal, and this little set back will be a mere memory :)
Love to all 4 of you.....

My thoughts are with the Entire Cloutier Family today...(for many reasons.)

Shirlee McCoy said...

Hang in there. It will get better soon. You're all exhausted. Exhausted kids never sleep well. Weird, but (in my experience)true.

Anonymous said...

Jennie ...an old wives tale is flip them head over heels to adjust sleep pattern...lol...worth a try....love Donna

SoFlaMom said...

Welcome home!! I heard the first week back was a killer. We'll find out soon enough. Hang in there.
Michele

Yoli said...

Be gentle with yourself. It is never easy when they come back with the time change. It is very rough. Try to keep them up during the day with exposing them to as much daylight as possible. Keep them busy. At night you might want to give them a tiny bit of benadryl. Consult with their physician first to see if this is a good idea for your particular children. This is something our pediatrician suggested to us and it worked wonders, we only used it two nights.

Like all the others have said, it does get better with time. It never seems it will at the beginning, but it will. You have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,
We wish we were there to help you as planned, but fate had other plans for us. I just love and appreciate Skype. The highlight of my day is when I can see Scott, you and the boys in action. It really makes being a grandmommy a reality...and a wonderful reality at that!!

We love you like crazy cakes!

Grammy and Grampy C.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Kiss my babies for me!!!!

Diana said...

Hang in there. It takes some time for everyone to adjust-not only the time change but a new environment. You guys now have two adorable little ones running around and your boys have a world that is totally new to them-not to mention the comfy beds that are probably very foreign to them. A month from now you will have a schedule down pat!
Welcome home!
Diana

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.