Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just Beginning

Scott and I are still in "the early stages", but are hoping to complete our dossier soon .

We have had our home studies, have tracked down all our marriage and birth certificate information, and our right now waiting for our invitation to go get fingerprinted. Every step brings us just a little bit closer! We know the wait will be long even after we get our dossier completed and get officially "logged in", but each little thing we get completed makes it more real. We are currently having our deck enlarged and it was a great thing when doing the planning to talk about making sure we had a secure gate for the dog and THE BABY!!!!

OR MAYBE BABIES!!!!


Yes, that's right! I did just say babies. Scott and I have put in a request for twins. That is not a guarantee that we'll get them however. What we have been told is that when it is our time to be matched if there are twins available then we can be matched to them. If there are not any twins at that point the CCAA (the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs) will not delay the match to try to set us up with twins. In order to increase our chances we have asked them to expand the age range that we are eligible for. Because of our ages we are officially only eligible to adopt 0-12 months. They do take special requests sometimes if the social worker also agrees. Our social worker did put our request in our home study asking to expand the age range to 18 months. Our thought is what if there is a set of twins that are 14mths old or 16 mnths that have been overlooked? Why not match them to us!



So that is where we are in the process. We are working through the last steps of completing our dossier. All the people with CCAI (Chinese Children Adoption International) the agency we are going with have been a great help. One of the best things was how they introduced us to the "First Friday's." For those of you who haven't yet heard us talk about them the First Friday's are when families who have been through the process and families who are mid-process get together for support and sharing of information. We haven't been able to attend every month due to my (Jennifer's) work schedule, but it's great when we get to go. Thanks to all of you who have been there! It's meant alot to us that you allowed us to come when we were still making up our minds about doing it!

That's enough rambling for one day. I just wanted to get our blog started- like I've said, it makes me feel like we are a little bit closer with every small thing we do in our journey to China!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I am so excited for you two!!!! What a great way to share your journey, hope you don't mind If I forward your link and e-mail and address along, so people, those that love and miss you very much, can send you a square and well wish.....Love you both (and your soon to be expanding family)

Anonymous said...

Aw Gee... Christina beat me to the first comment!

I was so excited when I read your first entry that I immediately called "Great" Grammy Brodie, so that I could read your entry to her! We are thrilled that things are proceeding...

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

What happened to the comment I posted yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's on the quilt page!

Anonymous said...

I just spoke with Donna and she is so excited for you too. She can't wait to go out and get material for your quilt. You will need enough for two quilts!....just in case! You'll be an expert quilter!

Love,
Mom C.

Anonymous said...

Rose are red violets are blue I make this wish for you... not only one bundle of joy to love ...make it two. Scott&Jen my love and best of wishes to you both ..I will be following your progess...Love Donna

Anonymous said...

Scott and Jen,
It seems just like yesterday that I held Scotty (10-70)! How exciting for the both of you....Uncle John and I are sooooo looking forward to hearing more about the "babies"...Wait until I tell Nate...Laura found out yesterday at the cookout at Uncle Rick's....Much love and keep us updated..Love, Uncle John and Auntie Claire xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I went to a cook-out at Uncle Rick's on Sunday and the whole family was there. I told them about the adoption and they were all so excited and happy for you and Scott. I gave them your link so they could see your progress. I told them to send two cloth squares and cards...just in case!

Love,
Grammy-to be!!!!

Laura Chapman (Stecchi) said...

Hey guys! I am super excited for you!!! I was so happy when Aunt Jean told us!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes quickly and smoothly! I can't wait to meet them! Love and miss you guys! Lil' Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Jen,

How excting! It's been so long since we've talked. Can you believe how much has changed? I can't wait for you to find out if you can have twins or not. I wanted twins to begin with, but 1 at a time is fine too! :) Our little Owen (born October, 12, 2005) is a handful, and now that Audrey is here (born June 10, 2007)life is a little more complicated, but better than ever! Well, we look forward to hearing news from you.

Love Nate and Rachel

Anonymous said...

Just got the wonderful news from Scott when he called us on Saturday. You got the "Golden Ticket" on Friday, 10/26/07...CONGRATULATIONS. Kind of the best birthday present you ever got! Happy Birthday...we love you like crazy cakes!

Grammy & Grampy C. (GITs)

Anonymous said...

Jen and Scott...one step closer ..how woderful I keep telling Mom..the wait will be long but I know you will have a dream come true ending and a very special child or maybe even two to love..as always I send you my best wishes...love Donna