Wednesday, July 11, 2007

100 WISHES QUILT

There is a tradition in China to make a "Bai Jia Bei" or "100 Good Wishes Quilt."

This may sound crazy as I have never made a quilt in my life, but I would love to work on this project while we are waiting for our baby/babies.

The tradition is that 100 people contribute a square patch of cloth. The patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed a piece of fabric. A good luck wish is also included which will be put into a scrapbook. We would love to have our friends and family help create such a special quilt for our new baby.

To sum it up here's what we would need from you:

1 8x8 piece of cotton fabric
1 additional matching piece of material any size to go in a "wish scrapbook" along with a "wish note" - basically whatever wish or prayer you have for our child to have in their lifetime.

*** any advice on how to make a quilt!!!!
I'm just learning how to sew, so advice is definitely needed!!!


ps. I listed a link in my favorite links area of a 100 wishes site so you can see the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the grandmothers-to-be and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my granddaughter(s). She/they will be my first grandchild(ren). I am so excited. I never thought I'd wish my life away, but I do now. I want the time to pass quickly! I am bursting with love.

Moosevine said...

You're not alone! I've never made a quilt before, either, but I'm having a ball collecting the fabric & wishes!