Wednesday, February 1, 2012

aaah the messes.

so its been a while since the boys made a real mess. ... well, they make messes every day, but I mean a
R-E-A-L M-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!!

and I missed a great photo opp. ha ha.

cut to the chase I am sure you are thinking. Lets just say they discoverd THE FIREPLACE.

I'm on the phone w/ daddy while prepping supper. Daddy's on the way home from work. I see the boys sitting on top of their new workbench.... me: "get down".... they do get down. they end up up on top again... "get down or the work bench goes down cellar" they get down. I go back to prepping supper .... still chatting w/ daddy. He arrives home (our phone call obviously stops) he comes in says hi to the boys.... and then exclaims, "look at this MESS!"

AY YI YI!!!!!!!!!

There are our two little guys looking like chimmney sweeps. We have gas logs that have "embers" that glow when the fireplace is lit. The embers (all soot covered of course) are all over the rug.
The rug is covered in black soot. The boys are covered in black soot. Z is rubbing his eyes, looking more and more like a racoon. Soot on his hands, his feet, his whole face w/ his beautiful eyes peeking out. H looks about the same.....

In the mad dash to contain the mess we missed the photo op. Yep. Those moments you should capture so you can laugh once the mess is cleaned up. Well the mess still isn't all cleaned yet. (Day later)

They got the soot on lots of things...ugh. Our rugs were just cleaned pre Christmas. Not looking so clean now. We have a rug cleaner ourselves....but to my dismay it isn't functioning right (we had professionals do the whole house... I usually just spot clean these days ).

The boys are bummed because I took away their new "Lightening McQueen " rocking chair. No it was not a punishment. It was because it too has its share of soot. They love that chair. Punishment enough right there.

BTW... they were having a blast right until daddy came to say hi...... they had their new flashlights and were investigating the fireplace.

1 comment:

Auntie Christina said...

OH MY!! Hahahahaha!

I am laughing here (because the mess is at YOUR house....I soooooo wish you took a photo....gotta keep that camera handy ALL the time!

PS. Hope it was the flashlights from Karen and Jim :) (I don't want to be blamed for the discovering of the fireplace)

Auntie Christina