Sunday, February 7, 2010

we're all sick.

So, we've all got something. A bug, the flu? Who knows exactly what it is, but we've got it.

Last night all of us: 2 adults, 2 kids, and one 70lb dog were all in bed. I was squished, Scott was being kicked in the head by Z who is one active little squirmer and the dog was being annoyed and letting out big sighs about not having enough room. (She loves the boys, but is not happy when they end up in our bed. I think she thinks this is the final encroachment of her territory!)

I was having trouble breathing, yet I had H laying on my chest so that he could breath better as he too was having trouble....TMI, but just too much mucus...yuck! Laying flat was causing him to cough a lot so there he was.

And despite the fact that I am feeling miserable, I was thinking how wonderful all this was!
Lying in bed w/ all my boys (and my sweet girl dog too).

H had his soft little face on my chest and his arm curled around me, and Z had hold of one of my hands and had pulled it to lay it on top of his chest. Talk about making you feel better when you feel rotten. It definitely takes the focus away from the stuffed up head and the achey body.

And today. Poor H had his first throwup. Yes, I just had to share that (LOL). He was such a little trooper. Afterwards when I was trying to be prepared and had a puke bucket ready, he got the biggest grin and thought it was super funny!

And Z, talk about a little sweety. When the incident occurred and I was trying to get H wiped up, Z ran and brought me tissues one by one to help me out.

I got them to bed early tonight. I hope they wake up feeling better. H has the worst of it. Z was the first one to get sick, but seems to have just got the runny nose. Where H and I seem to be neck and neck on symptoms. Even Daddy has caught some of it. He has the sore throat and headache. Lots of vitamins and fluids happening at our house. I don't think I can drink anymore tea. I am craving hot ginger coke....something I tried in China that my sick self thinks would be really good right about now. Oh honey, would you mind going out and getting some nyquil, more tissues w/ lotion, oh yeah and a ginger root, a can of coke, and a lemon!

2 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Poor little guys. Poor you!

I hope you all feel better soon.

BTW, the doc suggested saline spray for my daughter's congestion. She can't shake the nasty bug she picked up at dance school. They spray does seem to be helping.

Auntie Christina said...

Oh my poor Pooh and family....I feel so bad, if I only lived closer I could make you some chicken soup....Hope this passes quickly, and do enjoy the "family bed time" mine lasted a long time (probably much longer than it should have) but I miss it now that I have a "cool" teenager!

Get better soon!