Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Received Fingerprint Invitation!

"Fingerprinting? I thought you did that already. "
Yes we did.
But our current USCIS approval is about to expire.
So we had our homestudy update done and our agency sent everything off for our request to renew on 2/2. I can't believe we got the request for re-fingerprinting so quickly! What a nice surprise! And another treat is that we get one "freebie" on renewing our paperwork so this time it's not an extra expense (except of course the homestudy update fee). And our appointment for fingerprints is next week! Deniece in Colorado suggested that we send a picture of the boys with our request for our new I-797 so we did that! Maybe that's why we were invited so quickly! Thanks Deneice!!!! I wouldn't have thought of that!

I have been/am afraid that the renewal process would get screwed up somehow ( last time our approval got lost in the mail twice!) and that our aproval from China will come but we will be waiting on the USCIS. Maybe this is a sign that everything will run smoothly this time. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

We were told that currently they are taking about 4 months to complete the renewals right now. I am hoping that it gets done sooner!


Last time:
request for I-797 : 7/11
received fingerprint invitation: 8/9
fingerprint date: 8/18
received USCIS approval: 10/26

This time:
request for I-797: 2/2
received fingerprint invitation: 2/17
fingerprint date: 2/26
received USCIS approval: ????

No comments: