Thursday, October 11, 2007

STILL WAITING FOR THE GOLDEN TICKET

So, we are still waiting.....

I finally gave in and called CCAI to see if they knew approximately how long it has been taking lately for people to recieve their "golden ticket" after being fingerprinted. I kind of freaked out a little bit the other day when I met someone who adopted a couple of years ago and they told me it only took 1-2 weeks then. But things change. Chaunda at CCAI told me the norm right now is 5-6 weeks. But she would follow up for me and get back to me as soon as she knows something. So for now we wait some more (which we need to get used to as we will be doing a lot of it!)

3 comments:

Moosevine said...

Have you heard anything yet? Our homestudy update was mailed last week, so we're waiting to hear about a fingerprint appointment.

The Cloutiers said...

Thanks for the interest! Sorry so delayed in updating! We sent our request for fingerprinting July 11th, had the appt August 16th, we found out after the fact that we were approved on August 28th, but then to (I guess )our papers getting lost in the mail(????) twice (?????-did they really send them those 1st 2 times?) we finally received them Oct 26th!
If it feels like it is taking too long call and pester Chaundra to find out what is going on like I did!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.